Saturday, August 13, 2011

Artwork from a book

I wanted to pop in and say hello before we head out for a late summer vacation to Michigan. No progress on the exterior of the house just yet...we made some changes to the plan so that delayed things quite a bit. I'm hoping work will get started in the next few weeks. We have been planning this since April so I am ready to go! I will be so excited to see the work trucks pull up in front of our house for once...we are  DIYers so it will be fun to watch the progress without breaking a sweat.

Today I wanted to share one of my favorite books with you...


A book that has great artwork. A book that might make you want to rip out some of the pages
to frame.


One that even looks pretty sitting on a table top.

This fabulous book was a gift for my birthday back in the spring...I had big plans for it the second I saw it.


Remember the hallway project we started ages ago? If not you can read about it here  and  here.  It's been forever I know. I was just about finished when we started making exterior plans so it fell by the wayside.

Anyway, I have a few of these prints sitting on the new beadboard ledge in the hallway. I found the frames at Michaels for three dollars a piece. Can you believe that? Three dollars! At first I thought I might paint them but once the prints were inside I really liked the frames as is. 

I will share pictures of the completed room later next week when we get back. Cross my heart. Oh, and the book was bought at Barnes and Noble, just incase you wanted to hunt one down for yourself.

15 comments:

  1. i love that! the color is amazing! i love to pull artwork from old books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those books. I have the shell one from that same series and keep it on my bookshelf. I want to get the botanical one to frame some of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your vacation! I miss Michigan summers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are SO creative to frame some of the gorgeous
    botanicals. i can't believe how saturated in color
    they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great artwork! Just might have to hunt down that book. Enjoy your vacation. We haven't made it up to MI in awhile, but there is nothing better than MI in August!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi London, Great to hear from you and check out what has been happening in your world. Happy to hear you guys are getting away one last time before summer is over. Looking forward to seeing the progress at the house too! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have framed botanicals from both a book and a calender! They are truly beautiful!!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course, I was just at Barnes & Noble yesterday! I'll have to go back before it closes for good and see what they have left. I love books like this. Great deal on the frames and I like them as is, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! You are so chic.....my in-laws decorator got them framed botanicals (and they cost a fortune!) I'll have to keep my eye out for books on sale at Barnes & Noble. Have a great time on your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. $3 frames that look that awesome? Can't beat that! I know all about projects that fall by the wayside. Finally tackled my bookshelves after 5 1/2 years in this house!

    Xo,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh there is nothing better than a beautiful botanical book of drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you can continue this type of hard work to this site in future also..Because this blog is really very informative and it helps me lot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is very interesting . It is a good topic. It is is the first time i read it. I have really got inspired with this article .Thank you very much
    Essay Help

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have no point to raise in against of what you have said.you possess lots of understanding on this subject.

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by FABULOUS K CREATIVE